1. Maria (From West Side Story)
2. La chanson de Lara (From Dr. Zhivago)
3. Moon River (From Breakfast At Tiffany's)
4. E più ti penso (From Once Upon A Time In America)
5. Be My Love (From The Toast Of New Orleans)
6. The Music Of The Night (From The Phantom Of The Opera)
7. Brucia la terra (From The Godfather)
8. Por Una Cabeza (From Scent Of A Woman)
9. No Llores Por Mi Argentina (From Evita)
10. L'amore è una cosa meravigliosa (From Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing)
11. Mi mancherai (From Il Postino/The Postman)
12. Cheek To Cheek (From Top Hat)
13. Sorridi amore vai (From Life Is Beautiful)
14. Historia De Amor (From Love Story)
15. Ol' Man River (From Showboat)
16. Nelle tue mani (Now We Are Free) (From Gladiator)
These classic songs are made even more beautiful by Andrea's unique and powerful tenor voice. Andrea's performance has enriched these timeless pieces with strong emotions and his own interpretations. Recorded in five different languages: Italian, French, Spanish, English and Sicilian, "Cinema" is well-suite for an international audience. My absolute favorite from the album is "Moon River" from Breakfast At Tiffany's, followed by "Historia De Amor" from Love Story, "Por Una Cabeza" from Scent Of A Woman, and "Brucia la terra" from The Godfather. Many of these classics are very soothing and heartwarming, as they bring back memories of familiar scenes from the movies that I saw years ago. This album is worth collecting for both movie and music lovers across the globe!
About Andrea Bocelli:
Best known for his performance with Sarah Brightman on the song “Time to Say Goodbye”, Andrea Bocelli is the best selling living classical music artist, with over 80 million albums sold worldwide. His Central Park concert in 2011 entered the history of music as one of the greatest live performances of all time. He has been honored with star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and who has performed live in front of three Presidents of the United States, three popes, and royal families all over the world. Andrea is back with an exciting new project, intended as an amazing tribute to the “Seventh Art”. The recording of his Hollywood concert featuring Cinema will be aired nationwide across hundreds of PBS stations on November 27.
Disclosure: I participated in the Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.