Joy Williams Venus Album Review #JoyWIlliams #O2O
Custom Search

Joy Williams Venus Album Review #JoyWIlliams #O2O

Joy Williams, best known as the female vocal of the four-time Grammy-winning folk-rock duo The Civil Wars, is about to release Venus, her first solo album since the duo officially disbanded in 2014. In what she refers to as her coming-of-age album, Joy intends to recount a woman's journey out of darkness through 11 simple, honest songs from "Before I Sleep" to "Welcome Home."

Venus will be out on June 29. You can pre-order one at Amazon or iTunes.

It includes the following tracks:

1. Before I Sleep
2. Sweet Love of Mine
3. Woman (Oh Mama)
4. One Day I Will
5. Not Good Enough
6. What a Good Woman Does
7. Until the Levee
8. You Loved Me
9. The Dying Kind
10. Till Forever
11. Welcome Home

While I miss the remarkable duo of The Civil Wars, I love how well Joy Williams performs on her own. I feel happy for her that she got to explore and establish her very own music style and stays true to herself in singing and songwriting. Her voice is charming, unique, and spans an amazingly wide range. She's especially good at hitting the high notes.


Her songs tie nicely together with themes like acceptance, transformation, transcendence, and letting go of things that don't serve you. Various kinds of emotions flow naturally from the music and lyrics, including confusion, frustration, relief, content, and more. The concluding song "Welcome Home" is so soothing and heartwarming that it's hard not to sense the regained strength and inner peace of the singer. My favorite tracks from the album are "Before I Sleep", "One Day I Will", "Until the Levee", "Not Good Enough", "Sweet Love of Mine", and "You Loved Me".

"Woman (Oh Mama)" previously debuted as the lead single for her upcoming album Venus. You can watch the official music video below.


Hope you will check out Venus and love the album as much as I do.

Disclosure: I participated in the Joy WIlliams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.


0 Treasure Hunters :

 
discussion by