Hosted by: Tales From A Southern Mom
Did you know about these benefits of letting kids to play with and around nature?
- Kids with ADHD can focus easier and better after playing in a nature area.
- Children who play regularly in natural environments show more advanced motor fitness, including coordination, balance and agility, and they are sick less often.
- Nature helps children develop powers of observation and creativity and instills a sense of peace and being at one with the world.
- Natural environments stimulate social interaction between children
- Play in outdoor environments stimulates all aspects of children development more readily than indoor environments
- Early experiences with the natural world have been positively linked with the development of imagination and the sense of wonder
Are you surprised by these facts? I was. It is easy to forget that kids need to have room to roam, places to have different experiences and time to just be free of walls and noise.
The National Park Trust invites you to pledge to take your kids to the park. They have already had 37,000 people pledged on the Kids to Parks Day page to celebrate May 16 in a park. The goal is to get 500,000 sign ups. Take the pledge here and let's help them reach this goal sooner!
One lucky person will win a Buddy Bison Prize Pack!
Giveaway ends 4/23. Open to US 18+ only. Please enter via the Giveaway Tools below and good luck!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. icefairy's Treasure Chest is not responsible for winner selection or prize fulfillment.