To celebrate cupid's favorite holiday, Winchell Mountain Coffee is sharing some caffeinated love with a limited edition Viennese roast "Valentine's Day: An Affectionate Blend"--a great gift idea for the coffee fanatic! I had the opportunity to sample this unique product. The packaging is cute and loveable while the coffee itself smells and tastes awesome, bringing me all the sweet memories infused with love, warmth and happiness.
"Valentine's Day" and the entire Sandra Boynton Collection is available in markets and cafes across the country and online at www.winchellmountaincoffee.com.
Here are fun facts about what the owners of Winchell Mountain Coffee do to make their coffee special:
- They use beans from all around the world and will not accept a shipment until that harvest has been sampled repeatedly, both in its raw green form and in its roasted form.
- With these carefully selected beans, they create exclusive blends like the more rare single origin coffees called yrgacheffe. Yrgacheffe is a region of Ethiopia and rumored to be where the first coffee bean came from.
- They roast their coffee in the old old-world tradition, only utilizing heat and hands.
- They are obsessed with quality and will throw entire roasts away if the beans are not sampled perfectly.
- One-way goglio valve bags vacuum pack the beans so consumers are guaranteed the absolute freshness. Using this technology there is no air whatsoever entering the beans to spoil their integrity so the bags have a healthy shelf life of up to six months.
Disclosure: I received free products to facilitate my honest review. No monetary exchange took place. Some product and company info used in the post has been provided by the sponsor. All views and opinions expressed are my own.