I was provided with an advanced reading copy of What To Expect The Second Year for review. The book picks up the action at baby's first birthday and walks parents through the fascinating, complicated, sometimes maddening, but always magical second year. Consistent with the writing style of the other What To Expect books, the new book follows an easy-to-access, topic-by-topic format. Reading the book feels like you're chatting with another mom who has gone through what you're about to experience and who has an answer to every question you can possibly think of. The book covers a wide range of toddler-related topics, including developmental milestones, feeding, sleeping, behaviors of every conceivable kind, discipline, traveling with a toddler, and keeping a toddler healthy and safe. What to Expect the Second Year is a must-have handbook for any parent of a toddler! You may watch this video to see what Heidi Murkoff has to say about her new book.
Workman Publishing and What To Expect have generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a What To Expect The Second Year Gift Basket valued at $75! In addition to the book itself, the basket contains must-have items for any toddler and the parents who love them -- board books for inquisitive minds, building blocks and balls to assist with small motor function development, toddler-sized utensils, safety covers to keep the little one safe and, of course, a snuggly stuffed animal!
Required Entry: Visit What To Expect and leave a comment telling me what part of the site you find to be most useful. (Please leave a valid email address in your comment or make sure one is visible in your blogger profile).
Extra Entries (optional): please make sure you do the required entry first! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry, i.e. 1 comment=1 entry.
- Like What To Expect on Facebook and leave your FB name here (1 extra entry). Facebook fans also have the chance to win a gift basket from the weekly sweepstakes.
- Follow Heidi Murkoff on Twitter and leave your Twitter handle (1 extra entry).
- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friends Connect (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to my feed via email and leave your email address (1 extra entry)
- Follow Me on Twitter AND tweet the following message (1 extra entry per day) Yes! You may tweet once daily to increase your chances:
Please leave the link to your tweet in your comment.
- Click this link AND submit your zip code. Just tell me that you did. (1 extra entry) Thank you!
- Join QuestionMoms and leave your user name (3 extra entries) New signups only. You'll get $3 after completing your profile. Start earning cash for answering short surveys and testing new products.
- Join MyLikes and leave your user name (3 extra entries) New signups only. Start earning cash on Facebook and Twitter!
- Join Groupon and leave the email you used (1 extra entry) New signups only.
- Join VirtaPay and leave you user name (1 extra entry) New signups only. You will receive free $25 in your account upon signup, which can be used toward any online purchase.
- "Like" me on Facebook and leave your FB name (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Grab my button or add me to blogroll and tell me where to find it (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. Then leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry for mentioning this giveaway on your blog; 3 extra entries for a separate blog post).
Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on 4/18/11
Open to US Residents Only
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Thanks for entering and good luck!
Disclosure: I received a free book to facilitate my review. No monetary compensation was provided. All views and opinions expressed are my own. The sponsor will be solely responsible for shipping the prize directly to the winner.