~~The giveaway is now closed. Congrats to winner Allison!~~It is my wish to keep my home spotlessly clean and meticulously organized, but it's been quite a challenge to keep everything well in place with a toddler playing around. It made me feel frustrated at times about not being able to achieve what I wish. I'm so glad to have read this enlightening new book called Pretty Neat: The Buttoned-Up Way to Get Organized & Let Go of Perfection, which shows me how to increase efficiency and be happy with being imperfectly organized. The book is coauthored by Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch, the creators of buttoned up organizational products.
My favorite part of the book is Chapter 11: Tame Your Inboxes. It provides three simple and feasible steps to help me deal with the problem of inbox overload. I have multiple email and social media accounts that I need to check every day. There were times when I dreaded opening my inboxes because of the volume of messages that awaited attention. I also receive dozens of letters and packages by conventional mail. Processing mails and emails take up a considerable amount of my time. The fear of missing an important mail or message has been a constant source of organizational stress for me.
After reading Pretty Neat, I feel better knowing that I'm not alone on this issue. I've started trying some of the strategies suggested in the book with regard to filing, labeling and prioritizing emails and they have proven quite effective in reducing clutter in my inboxes. I don't want to give away too much in detail here because I hope you'll benefit directly from reading the book yourself.
You can get your own copy of Pretty Neat at Buttoned Up for only $14.95. It's a great value considering the time and trouble it will save you through getting better organized. It's a book you may refer to often for ideas and inspiration.
Alicia and Sarah have generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a copy of their new book Pretty Neat! But that's not all. The winner of my giveaway will also be automatically entered into an additional drawing of a Grand Prize including a $200 gift card (same as cash such as Visa or AmEx) plus a selection of Buttoned Up products valued at $50! Her chance of winning is 1 in 150.
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me an area in your life or home that has been the biggest organizational challenge for you. (Please leave a valid email address in your comment or make sure one is visible in your blogger profile).
Extra Entries (optional): please make sure you do the required entry first! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry, i.e. 1 comment=1 entry.
- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friends Connect (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to my feed via email and leave your email address (1 extra entry)
- Follow Me on Twitter AND tweet the following message (1 extra entry per day) Yes! You may tweet once daily to increase your chances:
- Join VirtaPay and leave you user name (1 extra entry) New signups only. You will receive free $25 in your account upon signup.
- "Like" me on Facebook and leave your FB name (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Add me as your friend on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Grab my button and tell me where to find it (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. Then leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry for mentioning this giveaway on your blog; 3 extra entries for a separate blog post).
Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on 3/20/11
Open to US Residents Only
Open to US Residents Only
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Thanks for entering and good luck!
Disclosure:I received a free copy of the book for review through Global Influence. No monetary compensation was provided. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.