~~The giveaway is now CLOSED~~Fruit flies are much smaller but no less annoying than regular flies. They seemed impossible to get rid of until I received a Terro Fruit Fly Trap for review via Family Review Network. This is the first fruit fly trap we've ever tried and I was totally amazed at how easily it solved a problem that had been pestering us for a long time.
My favorite feature of the Trap is that it uses a non-toxic food-based lure. It's all natural and safe for the environment. The non-toxic acetic acid found in the lure can effectively attract adult fruit flies into the specially designed trap with one-way traffic and thus stop them from breeding. We saw a significant drop in the number of fruit flies in our kitchen within a few days of applying the trap. Dead bodies of fruit flies were clearly visible inside the trap. Now that we've used the trap for several weeks, no more traces of fruit flies are found around our fruit bowl or trash can. Hooray!
The Terro Fruit Fly Trap is very easy to use. Simply open the lid, squeeze in the red liquid lure, and place the trap near a breeding source, such as fruit bowl or garbage storage area. In the embedded video, Stew Clark, Director of R&D at Terro, will show you exactly how the trap works. You may also want to check out Stew's blog What's Bugging Stew? for great pest control tips.
Fruit fly populations tend to be greatest in late summer and early fall, so it's high time you got a Terro Fruit Fly Trap for your home. It's only $8.99 apiece. Terro is an industry leader in household pest control products. They carry a variety of products that fits your need for a safer and nicer home environment.
The GiveawayTo help you eliminate fruit flies at home, Terro has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers two Terro Fruit Fly Traps! That's a $18 value.
Required Entry: Visit Terro and leave a comment telling me one product you're interested in trying besides the fruit fly trap. (Please leave a valid email address in your comment or make sure one is visible in your blogger profile).
Extra Entries (optional): please make sure you do the required entry first! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry, i.e. 1 comment=1 entry.
- Like Terro on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Follw Terro on Twitter and leave your Twitter handle (1 extra entry)
- Join the Parents Insight Network by 10/13 and put my name as the referrer (3 extra entries)
- Vote for me on PF & TMB daily (1 extra entry per day)
- Sign up for Juno Baby Newsletter and put icefairy as the referrer (1 extra entry)
- Follow my blogpublicly (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to my feed via email and leave your email address (1 extra entry)
- Follow Me on Twitter AND tweet the following message (1 extra entry per day) Yes! You may tweet once daily to increase your chances:
Please leave the link to your tweet in your comment.
- Join Crowtap via this link and leave your registered name (1 extra entry)
- "Like" me on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Add me as your friend on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Grab my button and tell me where to find it (1 extra entry)
- Add icefairy's Treasure Chest to your blogroll and leave the link (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to Terro and Me. Then leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry for mentioning this giveaway on your blog; 3 extra entries for a separate ).
Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on 10/16/10
Open to US Residents Only
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Thanks for entering and good luck!Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & TERRO who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review.