Glue Dots Summer Bonding Project
Custom Search

Glue Dots Summer Bonding Project

A few weeks ago I signed up for the Summer Bonding Project initiated by Glue Dots Adhesives and TwitterMoms. As part of the project, I received an assortment of Glue Dots products to use for our summer bonding project. This is the first time I'm introduced to Glue Dots and I'm deeply impressed by their nice quality and ease of use. These acid-free adhesives bond fast and firmly, leaving no mess behind. My favorite Glue Dots products are the Dot N Go series. Their dispensers are compact and convenient to use. I also like that they can be applied to a wide variety of dry, clean surfaces, including but not limited to paper, plastic, metal, wood and foam. They are a great helper for those who love scrapbooking, decorating, crafting and DIY projects. You may get some inspirations from the Glue Dots Facebook page.

I tried a couple simple paper crafts using Glue Dots. Since my son is too young to do any crafts on his own, I was doing most of the work while he was watching. But wait, he did actively contribute to the project by handing me stuff that I needed, including Glue Dots Adhensives. That's the whole point of a bonding project, right? Here's a brief description of the two things we made.

Window Photo Frame
Supplies: pencil, thick card, thin card, clear plastic sheet, Glue Dots, crayons, and sissors.
Step 1: Make a sketch of a window and a backrest on the thick card, cut out the window frame and backrest. Color them as you like.
Step 2: Cut out a piece of clear plastic and stick it to the back of the frame with Glue Dots. Cut out a piece of thin card and stick it to the back to sandwich the plastic.
Step 3: Attach the backrest to the back of the frame in the center. Slide your favorite picture in between the plastic and board. VoilĂ ! You now have a pretty handmade photo frame.

 Monkey Desk Tidy
Supplies: crayons, pencil, scissors, thin card, glue, and an empty jar or tin
Step 1:  Wrap a piece of thin card around an empty jar or tin (I used an empty pickle jar). Leave an overlap and draw a line, where Glue Dots will be applied.
Step 2: Draw a picture of a tree on the card and color it.
Step 3: Carefully cut out the tree and wrap around the jar or tin. Apply Glue Dots along the tab line.
Step 4: Draw and cut out a monkey. Color it and then stick it to the back of the tree. Now you have turned an otherwise useless jar into a handy desk accessory!

I also used Glue Dots to fix our paper growth chart onto the door and made it easier to track my child's height. I strongly encourage you to visit the TwitterMoms Summer Bonding Project page and read all the fun projects posted there. I admire those creative minds!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Glue Dots blogging contest to be eligible to receive a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.



0 Treasure Hunters :

 
discussion by