GiftZip Amazon Gift Card and Wii Giveaway!

~~The giveaway is now CLOSED~~
Gift-giving is an important part of our social life. A unique gift may brighten the day for someone we love or make a special occasion unforgettable. Gift-giving is also an art. Choosing the perfect gift for your recipient can be a real challenge. When you run out of gift ideas, the best way out is to purchase a gift card, which offers the recipient considerable flexibility in selecting what she truly desires. I was recently introduced to GiftZip.com, a one-stop shop for electronic gift cards and gift certificates.

Highly concerned about the negative impact of plastic gift cards have on the environment, GiftZip champions the movement to go electronic and go green in gift giving. Here are some startling facts I learned from GiftZip about the harmful effects of plastic gift cards that I have to share with you.

Manufacturing plastic gift cards wastes valuable resources and causes destructive gases to be emitted. After production, these plastic bits must be packaged, shipped, stored, likely reshipped, restored, displayed, sold, and then possibly wrapped, packaged, and shipped again. The result? A massive carbon footprint left behind by a little 1/4 ounce card. Plenty Magazine, a leading resource for sustainable living, reported that plastic gift cards account for 75 million pounds of discarded Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) each year. PVC is a toxic substance that can contaminate water supplies. EPA studies show that exposure to PVC puts people at increased risk of liver damage, reproductive and developmental health problems, and cancer.

GiftZip strives to save our planet without sacrificing any part of your shopping experience. It provides immediate access to hundreds of retailers' instant, emailable gift cards. You can shop by category, recipient, or search for the retailer you'd like to choose. The checkout process is as easy as a snap and you can have the gift emailed directly to the recipient along with your message.

Now through August 1, GiftZip is having an exciting giveaway on Facebook. Prizes include a Nintendo Wii for one fan and a $50 eGift card to the Blogger or website that refers the winner. If you comment on the GiftZip Facebook Page telling them that you heard about the giveaway from my blog or tag icefairy's Treasure Chest in your comment (just type @ followed by icefairy's Treasure Chest, and my facebook page should appear as a drop down if you're already a fan), you'll receive an extra entry into both the Wii giveaway and my Amazon gift card giveaway! Certainly a win-win option!

The Giveaway
To promote a greener way of gift giving, GiftZip has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a $25 Gift Card to Amazon.com! I'll also throw in a bonus prize of $5 Amazon Gift Card out of my own pocket if the giveaway receives 1,500 entries by 8/9.


Required Entry: Visit GiftZip.com, and leave a comment telling me your favorite gift card on their site besides Amazon (I already know you love Amazon :P). (Please leave a valid email address in your comment or make sure one is visible in your blogger profile).

Extra Entries (optional): please make sure you do the required entry first! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry, i.e. 1 comment=1 entry.

  • Like GiftZip on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry) 
  • Enter the Wii giveaway AND  tell GiftZip you are sent by icefairy's Treasure Chest (1 extra entry)
  • Vote for me here daily (1 extra entry per day)
  • Follow my blog publicly (1 extra entry)
  • Subscribe to my feed via email and leave your email address (1 extra entry)
  • Follow Me & GiftZip on Twitter AND tweet the following message (1 extra entry per day) Yes! You may tweet once daily to increase your chances:
RT @luckytoddler @GiftZip #giveaway! Win a $25 @Amazon Gift Card! You could win a #Wii too! http://bit.ly/gfzip #green #ecofriendly
Please leave the link to your tweet in your comment.
  • Join Crowtap via this link and leave your registered name (1 extra entry)
  • Enter this contest and put my FB name in the 2nd field of the form (1 extra entry)
  • Make a purchase at eShakti using discount code "icefairy123" (10 extra entries)
  • "Like" me on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
  • Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave your name (1 extra entry)
  • Add me as your friend on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
  • Sign up at EZWin via this link and leave me your username on the site (3 extra entries)
  • Grab my button and tell me where to find it (1 extra entry)
  • Add icefairy's Treasure Chest to your blogroll and leave the link (1 extra entry)
  • Blog about this giveaway and link back to GiftZip and Me. Then leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry for mentioning this giveaway on your blog; 3 extra entries for a separate blog post).
Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on 8/9/10
Open to All!
Winners will be chosen using random.org and will have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Thanks for entering and good luck!


Disclosure: I didn't receive any form of compensation for writing this post and the sponsor will send the giveaway prize directly to the winner. Thoughts and opinions expressed are my own unless noted otherwise.



1,365 comments:

  1. I would have to say iTunes because I have a 14yr old who spends like crazy & I confess that I'm currently obsessed w/ Eminem.

    christinehunt47@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Borders.

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Gift Zip on Facebook (Mary Happymommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog publicly on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "liked" giftzip on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an email subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/mami2jcn/status/19378915164

    ReplyDelete
  8. I entered the Wii giveaway & left your name on their FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i voted for you on Kozy Shack! Love their stuff BTW....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would choose Kohl's. Thanks for the chance.

    sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow.

    sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Besides Amazon my favorite card they offer would be the Walmart card

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Giftzip on Facebook (Nadine E Larsen)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I entered the Wii giveaway and told them you sent me http://www.facebook.com/GiftZip#!/GiftZip?v=wall&story_fbid=10150254102245585&ref=mf

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you and GiftZip on Twitter 9@eyzofblu63) and tweeted http://twitter.com/eyzofblu63/status/19380406065

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue nile is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes, I love Amazon....I'd also love a gift card to Fandango to take my kids to the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Like GiftZip on Facebook

    Debra Ford

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow you on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  20. following you both and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/fairydancer35/status/19381987900

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like icefairy's Treasure Chest on facebook

    Debra Ford

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow you on Networked Blogs

    Debra Ford

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Barnes and Nobles!!! Yay!! I love gift cards!! Thanks.
    jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like giftZip on Facebook too!
    jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like you on Facebook.
    Rachel Carter Crisman

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow your blog too my dear!
    jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you on network blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Home Depot card is great.
    Thanks so much.
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I Like GiftZip on Facebook (Margaret E. Smith)
    Thanks again
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Voted for you ... good luck!
    Thanks
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a google follower (rickpeggysmith)
    Thanks
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm an email subscriber.
    Thanks
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow both you & GiftZip on twitter (peg42) and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/peg42/status/19383816564
    Thanks
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like you on FB (Margaret E.Smith)
    Thanks
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Barnes and Noble would be perfect!
    I love to read!
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am following via Google Friend Connect
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Barnes&Noble would be great

    ReplyDelete
  38. Like GiftZip on Facebook@tcarolinep JessieKatie S

    ReplyDelete
  39. Entered the Wii giveaway AND told them you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Voted for you, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  41. subscriber.

    tcarolinep at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/19392114123

    ReplyDelete
  43. Like you on FB@tcarolinep JessieKatie S

    ReplyDelete
  44. n Networked Blogs follower@tcarolinep JessieKatie S

    ReplyDelete
  45. FB friend@tcarolinep JessieKatie S

    ReplyDelete
  46. ON my blog roll.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. blogged.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaway-icefairys-treasure-chest.html
    1

    ReplyDelete
  48. blogged.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaway-icefairys-treasure-chest.html
    2

    ReplyDelete
  49. blogged.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaway-icefairys-treasure-chest.html
    3

    ReplyDelete
  50. walmart is what I like mrs.mommyyatgmail

    ReplyDelete
  51. amc theaters would be great too.

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  52. follow with google


    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Aside from Amazon being my favorite card , The Sears gift card would be my next in line FAVORITE card.

    My email is akahenry@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I liked GiftZip on Facebook
    My name is Henry Lum

    ReplyDelete
  55. I voted for you on Kozy Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm a subscriber of yours , my email is Akahenry@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm a follower of you and Gift Zip
    AND I also tweeted about the giveaway

    Link to tweet :
    http://twitter.com/Kr4zi4ur0mg/status/19394400892

    ReplyDelete
  59. I liked you on Facebook
    My name is Henry Lum

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm following you on Networked Blogs
    My name is Henry Lum

    ReplyDelete
  61. I added you on facebook
    My name is Henry Lum

    ReplyDelete
  62. I signed up on EZW , using your link
    My username is akahenry

    ReplyDelete
  63. My other favorite is the Home Depot gift card

    ReplyDelete
  64. I like GiftZip on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  65. I'm following both and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/The_Sunshyn/status/19400984586

    ReplyDelete
  66. I would get a Home Depot card from GiftZip for my husband.

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm an email subscriber.

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I follow publicly via GFC: abfantom

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I like Barnes & Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I like borders!

    dauphin55 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am a subscriber

    dauphin55 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Linda DellaValle7/24/2010 6:19 AM

    I like sears.
    ldellavalle@hot.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Walmart!
    meganleighadams at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I voted for you!
    meganleighadams at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I follow with GFC!
    meganleighadams at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I sub via email!
    meganleighadams at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/fairydancer35/status/19415473257

    ReplyDelete
  78. Kohls is my fav!

    mi3ragamuffins at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I follow your blog.

    mi3ragamuffins at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Email subscriber.

    mi3ragamuffins at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I entered the Wii giveaway and wrote on their wall (Mary Happymommy)

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I like you on Facebook (Mary Happymommy)

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I follow you on networked blogs (Mary Happymommy)

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I like the Shimmering Marquise Interlocking Rings. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Like GiftZip on Facebook (laura griggs). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I like Barnes&Noble
    veniceangel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. I subscribe via email
    veniceangel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Entered the Wii giveaway AND told GiftZip you sent me (laura griggs). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Voted for you! trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Follow you both on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/happishopr/status/19418706420

    trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. "Like" you on Facebook (laura griggs). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. Follow you on Networked Blogs (laura griggs). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. Added you as a friend on Facebook (laura griggs). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. A gift card to Barnes and Noble would be my next favorite gift card.

    constancelavery at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. My favorite is Sephora
    felicia.431 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I voted for you.
    felicia.431 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. subscribe via email
    felicia.431 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. follow you and giftzip @fce431
    tweeted
    http://twitter.com/fce431/status/19420580083
    felicia.431 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I love gift cards to Barnes & Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow your blog publicly.

    ReplyDelete
  101. I'm an email subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  102. tweeted 7/24:

    http://twitter.com/mami2jcn/status/19424112771

    ReplyDelete
  103. I love the borders gift card!

    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  104. I like GiftZip on Facebook as Amanda Moore

    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I voted for you on Switch to Kozy Shack's photo contest! Good luck =)


    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I follow your blog with google friend connect publicly

    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  107. I follow you both and tweeted: http://twitter.com/AmberGoo/status/19426929411


    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I like you on Facebook - my name is Amanda Moore

    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I added you as a friend on Facebook (Amanda Moore) please accept!

    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  110. Barnes & Noble is my favorite GC. Thanks for the chance.
    eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br

    ReplyDelete
  111. I voted for you. Good Luck!
    eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br

    ReplyDelete
  112. I follow your blog
    eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br

    ReplyDelete
  113. I am an email subscriber
    eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br

    ReplyDelete
  114. Besides Amazon, I love iTunes!
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I Like GiftZip on Facebook (bunnyb baxter)
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  116. Entered the Wii giveaway AND told GiftZip I was sent by icefairy's Treasure Chest (bunnyb baxter)
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  117. Voted for you!
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  118. Follow you both on Twitter. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bunnyb/status/19429499874
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  119. I like the Walmart card.
    djeanq(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  120. "Like" you on Facebook (bunnyb baxter)
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  121. Follow on Networked Blogs (bunnyb baxter)
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  122. Added you as friend on Facebook (bunnyb baxter)
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  123. I like Barnes & Noble

    pcollins@viscom.net

    ReplyDelete
  124. i'd like that they have an uggs austraila card
    bargainfun1 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  125. I follow on gfc
    bargainfun1 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  126. I subscribe
    bargainfun1 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  127. I tweeted http://twitter.com/bargainfun1/status/19432546772

    ReplyDelete
  128. Button on sidebar: bunnymoney9.blogspot.com
    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  129. icefairy's Treasure Chest on my blogroll (bunnymoney9.blogspot.com)

    bunnybx at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  130. It's a toss-up between Borders and B&N.

    mryward(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  131. I follow on GFC. (mamie316)

    ReplyDelete
  132. Definitely Barnes and Noble

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  133. I'm a GFC follower

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  134. Home Depot!
    mcbrady 13 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. GFC follower
    mcbrady 13 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. Email subscriber
    mcbrady 13 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. Target!

    Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

    Janna Johnson
    janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
    jannajanna@hotmail.com
    www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  138. I enjoy Barnes and Noble because I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  139. I'd choose the Kmart card

    Carmen
    nemesis_33012 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. Voted for you on Kozy Shack contest


    Carmen
    nemesis_33012 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. GFC follower (Astrogal)


    Carmen
    nemesis_33012 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. Email subscriber


    Carmen
    nemesis_33012 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. I'd love the Walmart gift card! :)
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. Like GiftZip on Facebook (Lori D Atwood)
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. Voted for you at Kozy Shack
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  146. follow blog publicly
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  147. email subscriber
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. follow you and GiftZip on twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/ljatwood/status/19441785785
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  149. "like" you on facebook (lori d atwood)
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. follow on networked blogs (Lori)
    ljatwood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  151. I like the Home Depot cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  152. Public GFC follower
    lazybones344 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  153. Follow both on Twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/lazybones344/status/19442682278

    ReplyDelete
  154. I follow on Networked Blogs
    Denise Sachs

    ReplyDelete
  155. Kmart is my next favorite
    hollow_sins(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  156. I would like a gift card to the Disney store for my kids.

    brendashandmade@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  157. I follow you.

    brendashandmade@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  158. Tweet Tweet- http://twitter.com/FeedingPrices/status/19448474704

    ReplyDelete
  159. Amazon.com is my favorite, too, but I also like Barnes and Noble.

    bbentry [at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  160. "Like" Giftzip on Facebook (Susie Randle)

    ReplyDelete
  161. Following you publicly with Google Friend Connect (Bacallsmom)

    ReplyDelete
  162. "Like" your blog on Facebook (Susie Randle)

    ReplyDelete
  163. My favorite is Barnes & Noble!

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  164. I follow on gfc.

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  165. Following you with Networked Blogs (Susie Randle)

    ReplyDelete
  166. My favorite is Walmart.
    austma7@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  167. Barnes & Noble

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  168. Email subscriber

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  169. My favorite is Target!

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  170. I “LIKE” GiftZip on Facebook! ID: Lynda Castillo

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  171. I gave you my vote today. :)

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  172. I’m following you publicly via GFC. ID: lyndadawinda1074

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  173. I’m a subscriber via email.

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  174. I Follow you & GiftZip on Twitter. ID: Lyndadawinda

    I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/lyndadawinda/status/19454279378

    lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  175. Amazon, Target or Walmart

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

    bloggyig at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete