About the Book:
Deep underground, a mysterious cave of stone tablets has been discovered, and researchers are working frantically to translate a treasury of prehistoric literature. In this collection, you’ll learn what made the greatest dinosaur writers so very great, uncover the real story behind our modern classics, and be introduced to masterpieces including:
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeareasaurus, a timeless play about forbidden romance
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontësaurus, the tortured tale of doomed dinosaur love
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Terrordactyl, a ghoulish poem with a haunting ending
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twainceratops, the story of a mischievous young dinosaur growing up in the Cretaceous age
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickensodocus, a prehistoric epic about love, war, and sacrifice
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austenlovenator, a clever critique of dinosaur manners disguised as a love story
Literary history may sound like a boring subject to young children, but the creative association between dinosaurs and the best known literary giants makes a huge difference. In this adorable book, such masters of literature as William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Mark Twain, and Charles Dickens are each given an interesting dinosauric name and even a portrait! With the help of beautiful illustrations and kid-friendly language, readers learn about the life, major achievements, and fun facts of each great writer. My favorite part of the book is its inclusion of small booklets featuring illustrated excerpts from each author's masterpiece. This books-within-the-book feature is very special and makes reading more fun for children. I'd highly recommend Jurassic Classics: The Prehistoric Masters of Literature to parents who would like to introduce their kids to English literature at an early age.
About the Author
A beautiful storyteller, Saskia Lacey is an educational children's author with an extensive teaching background. She is also the author of the Technical Tales series from Walter Foster Jr. Lacey has developed engaging children's stories and projects for a variety of publishers and illustrators.
One lucky reader of mine will win a hardcover copy of Jurassic Classics: The Prehistoric Masters of Literature (ARV $14.95)! This giveaway is part of the annual Fool for Books Giveaway Hop. So be sure to hop onto the next blogs on the linky after entering my giveaway, for even more chances to win a great book related prize. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a free book to facilitate my honest review. All views and opinions expressed are my own. icefairy's Treasure Chest is not responsible for prize fulfillment.