1. Potatoes (mashed or scalloped)
3. Baked goods (cookies & muffins)
4. Macaroni & cheese
7. Stews and hearty soups
8. Meatballs (with or without pasta
9. Sweet potatoes (mashed or cut)
Are you surprised by the ranking? Does it cover what your family loves most on the holiday menu? My favorite items from the list are casserole and pie and I have discovered quite a few delicious recipes on the Del Monte America’s Recipe site! Take a look at my top picks--
So, how important is comfort food during the holidays? Very important, as the survey suggests:
- 46% of Americans agree that their family "shows love and comfort through food."
- 44% of Americans look forward to the food more than presents during the holidays.
- 62% of Americans say that they are "traditional and like to make or eat classic comfort recipes in the same way every year."
- 38% of Americans say they "like to change things up and prefer modern twists on favorite comfort foods."
For more quick and delicious versions of comfort food, please check out Del Monte's top-rated, family-approved holiday recipes here. Be sure to share in the comments which of these recipes you would like to add to your holiday dinners!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received free product to facilitate my posting. All views and opinions expressed are my own. icefairy's Treasure Chest is not responsible for prize fulfillment.