In this exciting Middle Grade adventure set in Egypt, a 5000-year-old mystery comes to life. A scruffy peddler gives Adam and Justin Sinclair an old Egyptian scarab on their very first day in Egypt. Only when the evil Dr. Faisal Khalid shows a particular interest in the cousins and their scarab, do the boys realise they are in terrible danger. Dr. Khalid wants the relic at all costs. Justin and Adam embark upon the adventure of a lifetime, taking them down the Nile and across the harsh desert in their search for the legendary tomb of the Scarab King, an ancient Egyptian ruler. They are plunged into a whirlpool of hazardous and mysterious events when Dr. Khalid kidnaps them. They learn more about the ancient Seven Stones of Power and the mysterious Shemsu-Hor. They must translate the hieroglyphic clues on the underside of the scarab, as well as rescue the missing archaeologist James Kinnaird, and their friend, the Egyptologist Ebrahim Faza, before time runs out!
- Finalist Children's Fiction USA Next Generation 2009 Indie Book Awards
- Finalist Juvenile Fiction USA National Best Books 2009 Awards
- Winner Pre-Teen USA 2009 Readers' Favorites Awards
- Number 2 in the USA Children's & Teens Book Connection Top Ten Favourite Books of 2009 for Kids, Tweens & Teens
- Winner Silver Medal Teen Fiction 2010 Nautilus Book Awards
- Finalist Children's Fiction 2010 International Book Awards
- Winner Bronze Medal Pre-Teen Fiction 2010 Moonbeam Book Awards
- Finalist 2011 Rubery Book Awards
- Winner Gold Award Mystery Pre-Teen 2011 Children's Literary Classics Awards
- 2nd Place in the 2011 YA Sharpwrit Book Awards
- Winner Gold medal 2013 Wise Bear Book Awards
Book 2: The Search for the Stone of Excalibur
A modern-day adventure as our protagonists search for Excalibur and the treasures it holds!
Continuing the adventure that began in Egypt a few months prior in The Secret of the Sacred Scarab, cousins Adam and Justin Sinclair are hot on the trail of the second Stone of Power, one of seven ancient stones lost centuries ago. This stone might be embedded in the hilt of a newly discovered sword that archaeologists believe belonged to King Arthur: Excalibur.
However, their long-standing enemy, Dr. Khalid, is following them as they travel to Scotland to investigate an old castle. Little do they know there is another deadly force, the Eaters of Poison, who have their own mission to complete. Time is running out as the confluence of the planets draws closer. Can Justin and Adam find the second Stone of Power and survive? And why did Aunt Isabel send a girl with them?
Join Justin and Adam as they search not only for the second Stone of Power, but also for the Scroll of the Ancients, a mysterious document that holds important clues to the Seven Stones of Power. As their adventure unfolds, they learn many things and face dangers that make even their perils in Egypt look tame. And how annoying for them that their tag-along companion, Kim, seems to have such good ideas when they are stumped.
- 2015 Children’s Literary Classics Award Seal of Approval and finalist
- 2015 Children’s Literary Classic Silver Medal (Pre-teen & Tween)
GRAB A COPY FOR FREE FROM AMAZON - Nov 18 to 20, 2015
About the Author:
Fiona Ingram is the author of the middle grade adventure series The Chronicles of the Stone, which includes the multi award winning The Secret of the Sacred Scarab, The Search for the Stone of Excalibur, and soon to be published The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper.
One lucky reader will win a $25 Amazon gift card or PayPal!
Giveaway ends 12/2. Open worldwide 18+. Please enter using the form below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. This giveaway is sponsored by Fiona Ingram and hosted by Mother Daughter Book Reviews. icefairy's Treasure Chest is not responsible for winner selection or prize fulfillment.