This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
We love avocados both as a fruit and a cooking ingredient. I just learned that Avocados from Mexico can be used to make baked goods better. Simply replace the butter or oil in your recipe with an equal amount of pureed avocado, and your pastry will come out richer, healthier and more moist.
I just entered Avocados from Mexico's Better Baking Sweepstakes, which offers a ton of exciting prizes. One Grand Prize winner will take home a $2,500 iCard Gift Card, while 10 second prize winners will each receive a $100 iCard Gift Card. In addition, 500 third prizes are up for grabs, each including a $25 iCard Gift Card. It is amazing how many winners there will be and how valuable the prizes are!
Avocados from Mexico provides quite a few delicious recipes on their website. The Avocado Sugar Cookies are perfect for the holidays.
1 box of your favorite brand’s Sugar Cookie Mix 1/2 cup pureed Avocado from Mexico to replace 1/2 a cup of oil 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir cookie mix, pureed avocado and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful’s 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake as directed or until edges are light golden brown.
5. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
6. Optional, top with your favorite sprinkles.
The sweepstakes ends on 12/31. Be sure to enter by the deadline. Good luck!