Welcome to the Splash Into Summer Giveaway Hop!
Are you ready for the change of seasons? Summer is already in full swing here. I Am A Reader, Not A Writer and Page Turners Blog are co-hosting this week-long giveaway blog hop to give us a fun way to spend the Memorial Day weekend and the rest of May. Over 200 blogs are offering nice prizes during the hop. Feel free to use the linky at the end of this post for your chance to win them all. Have a great summer and happy hopping!
I'm giving away a complete set of hardcover picture books from the Endangered Species, Empowered Communities series by Dot-to-Dot Children's Books. The full set includes 8 books with a total value of $99.95.
However, these books are more than just books! They are books with heart. Written by women and school children from Afghanistan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Republic of Congo, and Nicaragua, the stories are a call for increased awareness for an endangered species in their country. Working together with a number of not-for-profit partners that provide support to the women and children in these countries (like the Somaly Mam Foundation, Wildlife Conservation Society and Help the Afghan Children), Dot-to-Dot Children's Books donates all proceeds from book sales to directly fund the organizations working to empower these woman and children and protect endangered species in the featured countries.
Here's the list of books in the series:
- Yara's Amazing Nose - Learn how a nose transforms an identity and a friendship for one of the most unique creatures in the animal kingdom - the lowland tapir!
- Carey's First Day - Follow Carey the hawksbill sea turtle as he navigates the hazardous journey from his nest to his future home in the open ocean.
- When Honey the Tiger Flew - Written by the courageous participants in the Somaly Mam Foundation's Voices for Change program, When Honey the Tiger Flew is the story of a young tiger who, through determination and ingenuity, rescues his mother.
- The Snow Leopard Dream - Under blue skies dotted by clouds in a remote region, a young girl overcomes her fears and befriends a snow leopard.
- Ndeze and Ndakasi's New Home - Two orphan mountain gorillas learn the ways of the world as they find a new home.
- Sam Learns Some Lessons - Using the wisdom of elders, a herd of elephants cope with a water shortage.
- Shuba and the Cyclone - A river dolphin loses her way after a cyclone and a crocodile becomes an accidental hero.
- Kajo and Akari's New Friend - Seeking adventure, brother chimpanzees chase a butterfly through the forest.