To encourage you to help spread the word about this awesome site, GiveEveryNightNewFlavor.com is giving away a FREE Banquet Fruit Pie to everyone who shares the site on Twitter, Facebook or MySpace ( You'll need a valid shoppers card to load the free coupon).
This weekend, I was looking for some quick and easy family dinner ideas at Give Every Night New Flavor. After a simply search, I decided to try the following two recipes, each taking less than 30 minutes to cook. I had to substitute a few of the recommended products because I couldn't find them at my local Kroger store. I also made some portion adjustment to fit the preferences of my family.
BBQ Chicken Salad for Two
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
* 8 Banquet® Original Chicken Breast Tenders (from 24-oz bag)
* 1/2 cup (1/2 of 14.5-oz can) drained Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon Orange Sauce
* 1 tablespoon Korean BBQ sauce
* 2 tablespoons Kroger Fat-Free Creamy Ranch Dressing
* 4 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
* 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
* 4 large white tortilla chips, coarsely broken
1. Prepare chicken tenders in microwave according to package directions; keep warm and set aside.
2. Stir together drained tomatoes, sauce and dressing in small bowl; set aside. Place lettuce in salad bowl. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over lettuce; sprinkle evenly with corn.
3. Top salad with reserved chicken tenders, cut in half. Sprinkle with broken tortilla chips. Serve immediately.
Spanish Rice for Two
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
* 1-1/2 teaspoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
* 1/2 cup frozen Kroger mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots)
* 1/4 cup Ranch Style Beans (pinto beans)
* 1/2 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
* 2/3 cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
* 1/2 cup (1/2 of 10-oz can) undrained Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro
1. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add vegetables and rice; cook and stir 3 minutes.
2. Add broth and undrained tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
I started with the rice and prepared the salad while the rice was simmering in the pan. So it took me about 30 minutes to finish both dishes. All of us enjoyed the meal and emptied our plates. The fast and easy recipes helped us save a big chunk of time for a family movie night!
I highly recommend GiveEveryNightNewFlavor.com to every meal planner in the family. Don't forget to share the site with your friends and score a free pie!
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.