To ensure high-security against identity thieves, the P-12C features Cross-Cut technology, which destroys a single sheet of paper into nearly 399 particles. It also includes Fellowes’ patented SafeSense technology, which disables the shredder when it senses hands or large pets come too close to the paper opening. What amazes me is that the P-12C machine can even shred staples, credit cards and paper clips! This feature can sure help speed up the cleaning process. With a slim profile design, the P-12C can fit in any office environment, including under desks or in kitchens and other rooms. The P-12C has a suggested retail price of $89.99 and is available at Target Stores nationwide.
Besides this exciting new product, Fellowes also offers some useful spring cleaning tips to protect us from identity theft.
- Begin with the Basics: Sort through the piles of paperwork on your desk and in your office drawers. Place them into two categories: ‘save’ and ‘shred.'
- Proper Storage: Organize the "save" pile into labeled folders and be sure to put anything confidential into a fire-proof lock box. The "shred" pile should be properly disposed of with a Cross-Cut shredder, such as a Fellowes P-12C.
Cross-Cut technology is an important feature for a shredder because it provides high security, destroying confidential information into unidentifiable pieces. Equally important are enhanced safety features, such as Fellowes' SafeSense technology, which shuts the machine down when hands come too close to the paper opening, which is so important if you have children.
- Get a Digital Makeover: Refresh your home office computer by deleting files you no longer use and backing-up important data onto an external hard drive. Clean out your inbox and change all passwords. Refreshing your computer is a good practice to follow throughout the year as well.
- Make Life Easier: Plan ahead by purchasing organizational tools for your desk, such as computer risers or file folder holders. This will help clear clutter from your desk top while keeping things within arms reach.
- Freshen Up: Get rid of dust and germs that easily build up on office equipment such as keyboards, telephones and cabinets. You'll feel instantly more productive with a clean workspace.
Disclosure: By writing this post, I'm entered to win a Fellowes P-12C from One2One Network, who also provided contents for this post.