~~The giveaway is now CLOSED. Congrats to winner Jena!~~Canned soup has been a great helper for busy moms who don't always have the time to prepare a meal from scratch. Canned soup is convenient, flavorful and versatile, but there are also health concerns regarding its high sodium, high fat, and use of harmful preservatives. In an effort to provide families with both convenience and healthy food choices, Progresso has introduced new and improved varieties of canned soups, which may add flavor to your daily diet while keeping your meals wholesome and delicious!
Progresso® New World Recipes™: Inspired by Mexican recipes and made with authentic Mexican ingredients and seasonings. The Progresso New World Recipes line includes four flavors: Chicken Tortilla, Meatball & Rice, Black Bean Jalapeno and Chicken & Vegetable.
Progresso Light: America’s #1 Light soup just got better, as all 13 existing Progresso Light varieties are now packed with bigger pieces of white meat chicken, more tender pieces of beef or added vegetables. Progresso Light New England Clam Chowder is the first creamy Light ready-to-serve soup that holds true to the Progresso Light name with just 1 Weight Watchers® POINTS® value per serving!
Progresso Reduced Sodium: With many shoppers concerned about high cholesterol, Progresso understands the importance of soluble fiber and reduced sodium diets. New Reduced Sodium Tomato Parmesan soup, along with 5 other Reduced Sodium soups, offers a delicious blend of flavors and carries the “May Help Lower Cholesterol” benefit.
Progresso High Fiber: With 9 out of 10 Americans not getting the recommended daily value of fiber, Progresso High Fiber line of soups are packed with 7 grams per serving, i.e. 28% of the recommended daily value of fiber per serving. The High Fiber line includes 5 great-tasting varieties, including Progresso brand’s first Chili Soup!
MyBlogSpark recently sent me a nice prize pack, which includes one can of Chicken Tortilla Progresso Soup and one can of Light New England Clam Chowder Progresso soup, a spoon rest, soup can rack, soup mug with matching spoon, and a Progresso can phone–-just like the ones in these funny Progresso Soup can commercials!
We sampled the Clam Chowder first and found it to be noticeably less rich or creamy than the traditional version. My husband and son seemed to like the Chicken Tortilla soup better, while I was fine with both. My son had great fun playing with the phone made from Progresso soup cans. It produces quite different sound effects than the ones we made with yogurt cups. I really love the soup can rack. It can hold a variety of containers--not just soup cans--and helps me keep the kitchen organized.
You may find more soup options and recipe ideas on the Progresso website. Be sure to watch their new ads and enter to win a makeover trip to NYC!
To encourage you to try the new and improved varieties of Progresso soup, MyBlogSpark has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a 6-Piece Progresso Soup Prize Pack! The prize pack includes VIP coupons for two cans of Progresso soup, a spoon rest, a soup can rack and a soup mug with matching spoon. It's similar to the one I received for review, but even better! The winner will be able to choose which flavors she is going to sample!
Required Entry: Visit Progresso and leave a comment telling me your favorite soup flavor/variety. (Please leave a valid email address in your comment or make sure one is visible in your blogger profile).
Extra Entries (optional): please make sure you do the required entry first! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry, i.e. 1 comment=1 entry.
- "Like" Progresso Soup on Facebook and leave your FB name here (1 extra entry)
- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friends Connect (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to my feed via email and leave your email address (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this message by 3/8 at 8pm EST and leave the link to your tweet (1 extra entry):
- Follow Me on Twitter AND tweet the following message (1 extra entry per day) Yes! You may tweet once daily to increase your chances:
- Write "I nominate icefairy's Treasure Chest for an AVONdreamers Ambassadorship." on AVONdreamers FB page by 3/5. Please tag my blog FB page if you know how to do it. Thank you! (2 extra entries)
- Join Nanoosa and leave the email you use (2 extra entries) New signups only.
- Join Contest Idooble and leave your FB name (2 extra entries) New signups only. You could win a share of $25,000 in prizes!
- Apply to join Social Spark and leave your user name (5 extra entries) New signups only. Both bloggers and business owners are welcome to join!
- Join PayBox and leave you user name (1 extra entry) New signups only. You will receive free $25 in your account upon signup.
- "Like" me on Facebook and leave your FB name (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Add me as your friend on Facebook and leave your name (1 extra entry)
- Grab my button and tell me where to find it (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. Then leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry for mentioning this giveaway on your blog; 3 extra entries for a separate blog post).
Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on 3/8/11
Open to US Residents Only
Open to US Residents Only
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Thanks for entering and good luck!
Disclosure: Progresso provided me with free product, information, and prize pack through MyBlogSpark. Thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.