Here are the 10 little things that lead to a happier, healthier me:
1. Every morning, smile into the mirror and tell myself that I will be having a wonderful day. It's an effective way to boost my confidence and keep a light heart.
2. Start the day with a healthy breakfast. I prefer cereals that are high in fiber and low in sugar. Multigrain Cheerios are a great choice for kids.
3. Drink plenty of water and cut back on soda intake. I use a water bottle with clear measurements, so it's easier to monitor my water intake and stay hydrated.
4. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple happens to be my favorite fruit. It's an excellent source of fiber and vitamins. I'm happily following the old saying.
5. Include veggies in every meals. Either as the main course or a side dish, vegetables are a must-have in my everyday diet.
6. Substitute sweet snacks with fresh fruits and yogurt. I take at least 1 cup of yogurt a day and 3-4 servings of fresh fruit.
7. Take a 30-minute walk outside every day. It makes me feel refreshed and energized. It also helps me lose weight at a steady pace.
8. Put aside at least one hour a day for leisure reading. It can be anything I like: fictions, essays, biographies, or even jokes. It feels so good to have some "ME" time.
9. Take a warm bath before bedtime to relax and rewind. And have some quality beauty sleep!
10. Last but not least, kiss and hug your beloved ones often ^_^!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.