Are you concerned about drinking water safety? Do you know that bottled water may contain potentially dangerous levels of bacterial or chemical contamination? According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, over 40 million people in the U.S. drink water from contaminated systems? I could be one of those being affected! That's why I'm so thankful for the creation of Aqua Safe Straw, a portable drinking-water filter straw that provides peace of mind for everyone, especially parents and kids on the go.
Aqua Safe Straw is made in Australia. In the shape of a highlighter, it consists of a sturdy plastic outer case and a technologically sophisticated microfiltration membrane capably of removing 99.9999% of harmful water borne bacteria and contaminants. It is designed for single person use in glass filled with tap water. Filtration occurs immediately as you sip the drinking water up.
I recently received a sample of this innovative high-tech water purification system. I'm deeply impressed by the following features of the straw:
- Compact & lightweight: 8" long * 0.7" diameter; weighs 24 g. Simply slip it into your pocket like a pen and have safe drinking water anywhere in the world.
- Easy to use: Dip its tip into water and sip directly. No waiting time. No power or battery ever needed.
- Economical: Reusable up to 500 liters (132 gallons). Retails at $34.95 each, breaking down to only 7 ¢ per gallon!
- Safe & chemical free: No chemical additives, no after-taste, safe for children 12 months and up.
- Eco-friendly: Reduces our carbon footprint by significantly reducing the consumption of bottled water, the production and disposal of which has major destructive impact on the environment.
Many thanks to FuelMyBlog and Aqua Safe Corporation Pty Ltd for this great review opportunity!