I'm doing something different today--posting my favorite garlic-centered recipe--Garlic Eggplant. This is my entry for the GarlicZoom contest at Everything "In The Kitchen" Up Close. You may wan to join in the fun as well. Now onto the recipe:
- 1 lb eggplant
- 1 T minced garlic
- 3 T soy sauce (or adjust to lower sodium needs)
- 1/2 T brown vinegar
- 1/2 T sesame oil
- 1/4 T salt (or adjust to lower sodium needs)
- 1 T chopped cilantro (optional)
- Cut eggplant into finger-sized pieces: cut length-wise, then into quarters, etc.
- Steam eggplant for 15 minutes.
- When completely cooled, mix soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil, and pour over eggplant.
- Place chopped cilantro and minced garlic on top (Best time to take a picture!).
- Stir well and serve.