The Parent Bloggers Network has called for bloggers to share their cleaning tips and to enter to win $5,000 at How I Clean Now. I'm not a cleaning expert, but I do recommend what I call Clean-As-You-Go as a great tip. It's very easy to implement. Don't sleep on your cleaning problems and you'll find cleaning a lot more manageable as part of your daily routine.
Here are a few examples of how I follow the clean-as-you-go principle:
- Wipe out the grease right after cooking
- Wash the dishes right after eating
- Spot clean the food stains as soon as they're spotted
- Do the laundry as soon as there's a full load in the washer
- Vacuum the carpet/floor once a day (I recommend iRobot to make your workload a lot lighter)